CBRN Senior Analyst
We are seeking a senior research analyst to join the Jane's CBRN team to lead our assessment of CBRN capabilities and proliferation risks by country. You will be based in our Coulsdon office but help national security and A&D clients across regions with succinct written briefings and in-person/ phone presentations based on ongoing, in-depth research. You will also support both consulting and daily news and insight coverage on CBRN matters as required and be able to provide commentary to media.
- 5 years’ professional experience of working in a national security, or country risk-related field
- An excellent grasp on key international security issues that pertain to CBRN risks is essential
- Geopolitics/international relations background with experience with CBRN issues and an understanding of the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear deterrence strategy and other CBRN policy issues
- Experience of working on CBRN policy and technological topics, especially those related to nuclear deterrence and strategy, is highly desirable
- Experience of working with satellite imagery desirable
- First-rate English writing and editing skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects and to deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrable CBRN expertise with knowledge and experience of assessing CBRN proliferation risks
- Team-working skills for liaising with colleagues across Research & Analysis and commercial teams
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with an extensive source and contributor network, tasking as appropriate to enrich our analysis
- Comfortable with data and demonstrable data sourcing and verification skills
- Work with our Sales and Marketing teams to support commercial expansion for Jane's CBRN Intelligence Centre
Read more about this vacancy here.
Research Associate CBRN Quantitative Analyses and Modeling - Institute for Defense Analyses - Alexandria, Virginia, USA
The United States Secret Service (USSS) is seeking to hire talented individuals to:
- Provide overall program and project planning, coordination, management, and quality assurance for interrelated technical areas including, but not limited to:
- Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection and countermeasures;
- Infrastructure protection;
- Protective equipment for CBRNE safety
- Serve as a senior scientist on specialized projects and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in developing, formulating, planning, managing, directing and executing operational programs, thus promoting best practices and enhancing the agency’s investigative and protective missions;
- Develop, test, and evaluate tools, systems and protocols for the detection, containment and disposition of CBRNE materials;
- Participate in interagency ad-hoc working groups for CBRNE detection and protection protocols;
- Serve as an expert and advisor on acquisition management and implementation (e.g. pre-solicitation documentation, source selection); serve as a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) in managing awarded contracts;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assure that mission requirements and performance metrics are met, utilizing best practices and applicable scientific methods to ensure “real time” data/information throughout the contract/program life cycle;
- Prepare and provide briefings for USSS leadership and other stakeholders
- Support fixed-site, temporary-site and laboratory operations; and
- Prepare operational and maintenance specifications and guides for end-users; provide training and technical briefings to end-users regarding the use, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
Read more about this vacancy here.
Defense and Security Events and Consultancy Traineeship - IB Consultancy - Netherlands
The ideal candidate is passionate about organising events, researching defence and security issues, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
IB Consultancy is looking for an ambitious trainee to support our events and consultancy business.
The trainee’s tasks will include:
- Researching potential themes and topics for our Non-Conventional Threat (NCT) events in the field of CBRNe, C-IED/EOD through in-depth market research;
- Contacting potential speakers and make arrangements;
- Arranging media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up;
- Writing articles for our CBRNePortal and NCT Magazine
- Supporting our senior consultants with market studies, analyses, etcetera;
- Updating the company’s CRM system.