Vacancies in the
World of CBRNe
Sales Manager, IB Consultancy (The Hague, The Netherlands)
IB Consultancy is looking for a dynamic manager to lead the Sales Team. Experience is not the most important quality we are seeking. We are rather looking for someone who is ready to start managing a small moneymaking sales team, not someone who has done this for years. You bring the right attitude, we give you the experience! IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world safer and more secure. IB Consultancy organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in six different regions (SE Asia, Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and eXplosive (C-IED, EOD and demining). We also help industry and governments with specialized CBRNe knowledge in the form of research projects and consultancy engagements. You will be working within an international team of highly educated and talented program producers and skilled consultants at our office in Leiden (between Amsterdam and The Hague) in The Netherlands. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce! Although the majority of the sales efforts are on event sales, IB Consultancy also bids on government contracts for services (such as research consultancy), and sometimes bids with partners on complex projects that include equipment, services and training.
- Manage a sales team of approximately 4 sales consultants
- Work with the marketing manager to ensure the marketing strategy generates leads and opportunities for your team
- Sell sponsorship and exhibition packages to companies to attend our NCT events
- Develop an understanding of the defense and security sector (specifically CBRNe and EOD/C-IED) to meet the needs of customers and build strong relationships
- Manage and increase the database through content driven research and new leads generation
- Generate new leads through researching and cold calling
- Visit other trade shows and conferences to meet with existing or new clients
- Assist on-site when needed at our conferences in Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA and South America
- Manage and develop bids on other projects such as consultancy or equipment Read more about this vacancy here.
Analytical Chemist, Research Associate, FLIR (US, West Lafayette, IN)
Successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for for in-depth research, discovery and problem-solving related to chemical and biological detection for US Government and Commercial markets. Our products are based on “outside-the-lab” platforms and encompass detection and identification instruments for chemical and biological weapons, explosives, narcotics, toxic industrial chemicals, and other hazardous materials. Research Associates at this level are expected to understand the applicable technology platforms, work independently on multiple projects, and be able to shift priorities as needed.
- Assist in the development, troubleshooting, and testing of proof-of-concept/prototype equipment
- Develop methods for new analytical applications for West Lafayette current products & projects
- Plan, design and carry out experiments, analyze data and report results to manager and team for 2 or more projects on a weekly basis for West Lafayette, in the laboratory and in the field. Must be able to plan experiments from conception to completion.
- Compile reports and participate in customer reviews in West Lafayette and in the field. Be able to articulate to customers report findings and associated data.
- Maintain essential inventory and ensure common areas of the lab are well kept and orderly.
- Continually participate in advanced training programs to increase product and technology knowledge with ability to share learnings with team and more junior staff.
- May have additional support activities including compiling reports and assumption of indirect activities (safety, IT, IP, etc.) Read more about this vacancy here.
Head, Political Affairs and Protocol (P-5), OPCW (The Hague, The Netherlands)
The Head of Political Affairs and Protocol will be accountable for providing substantial direction on the Chemical Weapons Convention and bringing awareness about the work of the OPCW to delegations of Member States. In addition, Head of Political Affairs and Protocol will ensure a full implementation of the Headquarters Agreement with the host country, including the entitled privileges and immunities granted to the OPCW and its staff members.
- OPCW is seeking to employ a Head of Political Affairs and Protocol to support and advise the Director-General, the Deputy Director-General and other senior OPCW officers in their interaction with representatives of States Parties, international organisations and other stakeholders on political messaging, including preparation of draft speeches, opening statements, briefing material and background information.
- This is a senior role and takes responsibility for supervising protocol arrangements of VIP visits and official ceremonies as well as leading a multicultural team by coordinating tasks, providing guidance and holding staff accountable for overall performance. Read more about this vacancy here.
Nuclear nonproliferation, Threat detection, Postdoctoral Researcher, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (US, Livermore, CA)
We have an opening for a postdoctoral researcher to conduct research in nuclear nonproliferation, threat detection, and analysis. You will participate in the development of new detection systems and algorithms, and also implementing these new technologies in actively deployed systems. The successful applicant will join a team of physicists, engineers and software developers working to prevent nuclear catastrophe. You will work with universities and other government agencies to develop, enhance, test, and deploy LLNL’s radiation detection and identification codes. This position is in the Nuclear Security Physics group of the Nuclear and Chemical Sciences Division.
- Participate in the development, design, modeling, implementation, fabrication, evaluation, and analysis of new algorithms and instrumentation for the detection, classification, identification, localization and tracking of nuclear materials or objects of concern.
- Work with partners outside LLNL to deploy and test algorithms on next-generation radiation detection systems.
- Document and publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Pursue independent (but complementary) research interests and interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Biological Operations Manager, Agilent, (Folsom, CA)
Are you interested in playing a pivotal role in cultivating a product line that has the promise to support breakthroughs in future therapeutic developments? Agilent Technologies is seeking a Biological Operations Manager for its growing life sciences manufacturing operation located in Folsom, California. Agilent's laboratory consumables business is an industry leader in innovation, market share and performance. Agilent is seeking energetic, motivated individuals with demonstrated skills in leadership, process improvement, teamwork and communication. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced, high-throughput, leading-edge manufacturing facility, producing products used world-wide for ensuring quality and compliance in such areas as: diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, research and others.
- Manage technical resources and contribute to operational objectives including process development, manufacturing support and strategic and operational planning.
- Sets and communicates organizational goals within the context of corporate goals; develops and implements strategies for achieving organizational goals.
- Define performance expectations and ensure accountability for direct reports.
- Develops department budgets including staffing plans, capital requirements and operational expenses.
- Support strategic plans to meet business and operational objectives including customer delivery, product quality and gross margin improvements.
- Support and contribute to strategic and operational project implementation in coordination with the production department.
- Coach and mentor team members and communicate effectively to team, peers, and leadership.
- Ensure a work environment consistent with Agilent Core Values.
Read more about this vacany here.
Defense and Security Events and Consultancy Traineeship, IB Consultancy (The Hague, The Netherlands)
IB Consultancy is looking for an ambitious trainee to support our events and consultancy business. IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world a safer and more secure place. You will be working within an international team of talented junior and highly skilled senior consultants. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. We will set goals and expect you to reach them. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce! IB Consultancy recruits new consultants from our best trainees. That is why we look for trainees that want to make a lasting impression and continue their career at IB Consultancy.
- Researching potential themes and topics for our events and country profiles through in-depth market research
- Contact potential speakers and make arrangements
- Contact potential delegates and exhibitors (pre-sales) to join the event
- Arrange media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up
- Write articles for our online NCT Magazine and CBRNeProtal.com
- Provide the team with a weekly CBRNe update together with other trainees
- Support our senior consultants with market studies, analyses, etcetera
- Updating the company’s CRM system.
Read more about this vacany here.