Vacancies in the
World of CBRNe
Seconded National Expert in the CBRN & Explosives Team, in the Expertise and Stakeholders Management Unit,
Europol (The Hague).
The secondment will be carried out in CBRN & Explosives Team, in the Expertise and Stakeholders Management Unit (O4-A), European Counterterrorism Centre Department, Operations Directorate.The Operations Directorate deals with the core business of Europol, improving the effectiveness and cooperation of the competent authorities in the Member States in preventing and combating serious andorganizedcrime, as well as terrorism affecting the Member States. This requires close cooperation with the LiaisonBureauxat Europol and via them with the Operational Teams in the Member States. Europol delivers a number of products and services to national law enforcement agencies to support them in their fight against international serious andorganizedcrime, as well as terrorism. The Seconded National Expert will contribute to the work of the team by providing his/her expertise in with regard to Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN).
- Provide assessments and reports with regard to Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) related incidents, threats and developments;
- Contribute to the day-to-day management of the Europol Platform for Experts - European Bomb Data System (EPE/EBDS) and the Europol Platform for Experts - European EOD Network (EPE/EEODN), with particular focus to the CBRN pages;
- Monitor OSINT and draft ad hoc documents;
- Be involved in Europol projects in the CBRN domain, contributing to the production of Europol specialized reports, and other products and services;
- Ensure a timely information exchange with relevant partners;
- Participate in ECTC operations groups activities;
- Maintain an active interest in the manner in which current intelligence is handled by Europol and contribute to developing new methods and techniques for the benefit of the organisation;
- Represent the ECTC during internal meetings.
Read more about this vacancy here.
CBRN Logistics and Warehouse Specialist (US-MD-Edgewood), Veteran Corps.
Veteran Corps, a company largely staffed by military veterans and their family members, provides equipment, training, and technical support to first responders, law enforcement and military personnel around the globe. The mission of Veteran Corps is absolute dedication to exceeding the needs of our customers through intelligent, proactive customer service and commitment to excellencein all of our partnerships. We are currently seeking an experienced CBRN Logistics and Warehouse Specialist to join our project team.
- Assist SME's with Preventative Maintenance and functional testing
- Create WO's for repairs, repair parts, durables, and consumable parts
- Assisting with disposal and obsolescence management
- Kitting of refresh equipment sets
- Shipping / Receiving / Transfer
- Shelf life management
- Conduct Maintenance actions to include inspections on the following USARC C2CRE-A equipment:
- UDR-13, UDR-14, PDR-77, VDR-2, Drash Power Distribution system, MultiRae Pro, Scott Liberty Trailer, Satellite Phones, and Urban Search & Rescue Hydraulic equipment
- The candidate will also be responsible for conducting and recording the results from Pressure Testing Live Level A Hazmat Suits.
Read more about this vacancy here.
CBRN Logistics and Operations Support Officer, CBRNE (Fort Belvoir), Valiant
This full-time Valiant employee will function as an embedded Operations Officer (OPSO) in the Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Counterproliferation Programs in the US DoD Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). The OPSO will communicate needs and requests for information from DTRA to appropriate Valiant leadership. The OPSO will work co-located with the DTRA customer organization with primary tasks including event tracking, meeting organization, data entry and proofing of select DTRA briefing products and submissions.
- Serve as primary liaison between Valiant employer and DTRA ICP customer
- Update and maintain the ICP schedule of events
- Schedule and organize the weekly ICP meeting
- Create Mission Data Reporting System (MDRS) entries for each ICP event
- Create Global Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System (G-TSCMIS) entries as requested
- Create Isolated Personnel Report (ISOPREP) traveler entries as requested
- Update DTRA staff traveler Defense Travel System (DTS) entries as requested
- Retrieve Automated Message Handling System (AMHS) cables sent by US Embassies as requested
- Create and update DTRA ICP regional and country briefings
- Create and update various calendars and SharePoint documents for DTRA ICP as requested
- Possess professional written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadlines
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at a minimum of a Secret level.
Weapons of Mass Destruction Specialist (Washington DC Metro), CENTRA
Examine potential modes of attack and assesses the impact that a WMD/chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear (CBRN) attack or major hazardous material (HAZMAT) release could have on critical mission operations.This is accomplished in coordination with other BSA team members (e.g., Surveillance Operations, Physical Security, Structural Response, Utilities, and Emergency Operations) to identify likely avenues of attack, critical system capabilities, physical vulnerabilities, and hazmat threats.
Perform assessments on personal protective equipment/facility/infrastructure protection, including mail-handling and hazard plume modeling.
Identifies all aspects of WMD/Hazmat-relatedvulnerabilities, increases the customer’s awareness of potential vulnerabilities and impacts on mission execution capability, and provides recommendations tomitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
Read more about this vacany here.
CBRNE / WMD / HAZMAT Instructor (Anniston), Leidos
The Civil Group at Leidos has job openings for HazMat Instructors for subcontract at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, AL. These are opportunities to work on a Corp to Corp 1099 basis. JOB SUMMARY: FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), located in Anniston, Alabama, is the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS)'s only federally chartered Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training center. The CDP began operations in June 1998 as the only all-hazards training center, offering training on Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) weapons. While the training tempo has increased dramatically, the CDP’s training programs provide the very best in advanced hands-on training for America's emergency responders.
- The instructor will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises. Instruction focuses on catastrophic events that result in mass casualty incidents and preparedness and response planning. The instructor is expected to maintain a knowledge base as a subject matter expert in the assigned course content. They will also be expected to actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities as well as present current incidents in evening lecture(s) to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders. The instructor is expected to travel in support of position requirements and perform training duties as assigned.
Read more about this vacany here.
Defense and Security Events and Consultancy Traineeship - IB Consultancy - Netherlands
The ideal candidate is passionate about organising events, researching defence and security issues, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Researching potential themes and topics for our Non-Conventional Threat (NCT) events in the field of CBRNe, C-IED/EOD through in-depth market research;
- Contacting potential speakers and make arrangements;
- Arranging media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up;
- Writing articles for our CBRNePortal and NCT Magazine
- Supporting our senior consultants with market studies, analyses, etcetera;
- Updating the company’s CRM system.