Vacancies in the
World of CBRNe
Production Manager, Bruker, (WA-Kennewick, United States)
The Production Manager is responsible for producing the products of the HMP Business Unit in Kennewick WA. In doing this, the Production Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities to meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly HMP product delivery and quality requirements as well as materials planning and inventory management.
The Production Manager drives HMP production systems and processes, including our SAP system, ensures a safe work environment, achieves the targeted revenue growth and gross profit, drives quality improvements, and optimizes manufacturing inventories and lead times through continuous improvement activities. S/he has clear responsibility for the success of the manufacturing operations for the HMP Business Unit in Kennewick WA.
- Ensures all manufacturing and manufacturing support functions are staffed and well trained to perform their duties effectively.
- Responsible for leading all key manufacturing metrics, such as product quality, fulfillment, variable cost targets, inventory and EHS.
- Delivers on budget commitments and operating plan; monitors and ensures projects meet expectations regarding timing and results.
- Provides leadership to the site purchasing staff to establish successful partnerships with suppliers and to promote an efficient supply chain management philosophy.
- Delivers external customer satisfaction through on time delivery; leads plant through continuous improvement and value-added initiatives (using techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean processes).
Read more about this vacany here.
Manufacturing Engineer, Air Techniques International (Maryland, United States)
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing Operations team and help us drive process improvements, cost reductions, and new product introductions. This person must be at ease working in an agile environment and should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. The Manufacturing Engineer must be self-directed and take initiative to meet business challenges. The Manufacturing Engineer must develop and maintain expert-level competency in the operation of all ATI products.
- Create and maintain product documentation such as OMSs, BOMs, and component drawings.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings, disposition defective material and perform scrap analysis.
- Lead value engineering activities and propose product and process improvements to reduce total direct cost of all product lines.
- Become expert at the assembly of all product lines and become the primary trainer for production staff on assembly processes.
- Specify, design and source assembly tools and equipment.
- Provide technical support to supply chain management team in identifying and qualifying new suppliers.
- Review requirements documents, participate in DFx & design reviews, and develop operations plans for new products as part of the stage gate product development process.
- Act as Operations lead for all new product introduction efforts. Serve as the manufacturing engineering team member on new product development teams.
- Lead lean manufacturing kaizen events, participate in industry peer groups and champion ATI’s lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Read more about this vacancy here.
Operations Support Officer, CBRNE, VALIANT, (Fort Belvoir, VA, United States)
This full-time Valiant employee will function as an embedded Operations Officer (OPSO) in the Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Counterproliferation Programs in the US DoD Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). The OPSO will communicate needs and requests for information from DTRA to appropriate Valiant leadership. The OPSO will work co-located with the DTRA customer organization with primary tasks including event tracking, meeting organization, data entry and proofing of select DTRA briefing products and submissions.
- Serve as primary liaison between Valiant employer and DTRA ICP customer
- Update and maintain the ICP schedule of events
- Schedule and organize the weekly ICP meeting
- Create Mission Data Reporting System (MDRS) entries for each ICP event
- Create Global Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System (G-TSCMIS) entries as requested
- Create Isolated Personnel Report (ISOPREP) traveler entries as requested
- Update DTRA staff traveler Defense Travel System (DTS) entries as requested
- Retrieve Automated Message Handling System (AMHS) cables sent by US Embassies as requested
- Create and update DTRA ICP regional and country briefings
- Create and update various calendars and SharePoint documents for DTRA ICP as requested
- Possess professional written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadlines
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at a minimum of a Secret level.
Read more about this vacancy here.
Technical Program Manager, ARServices (Lorton, VA, United States)
Are you looking for your next challenge supporting research & development? Come help lead a dynamic team supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) Research and Development (RD) Directorate! ARServices is seeking qualified Technical Program Managers to support the DTRA RD Directorate's Project Management Office (PMO) team. The ideal candidates for this position have experience managing or supporting R&D programs for DTRA or related programs. In this position, you will provide a broad range of programmatic support services to the DTRA RD Directorate in the areas of Program Management, Financial Management, and Policy Support to one or more Departments including R&D Operations, Chemical & Biological Technologies, Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Technologies, Enabling Capabilities, Nuclear Technologies, and Counter Improvised Threat Technologies. TPMs will work closely with DTRA’s science & technology (S&T) subject matter expert (SME) contractors.
- Provide support to various DTRA RD Departments including
- Nuclear Technologies
- Front Office
- Emerging Capabilities
- Counter Improvised Threat Technologies
- Oversees the planning and execution of technical projects in the professional services arena.
- Manages people who lead technical projects, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between customer and company personnel. Monitors project completion from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections.
- Oversees performance of product testing and customer acceptance of systems or system integration projects or engagements.
- Typically utilizes management skills more than technical skills.
- Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products to customer.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Disciplines include but are not limited to organizational management, public health science, environmental science, disaster preparedness, computer modeling and simulation, optics, hydrology, blast and explosives, information systems, logistics, nuclear weapons effects, pulsed power, computer science, wargaming.