Vacancies in the
World of CBRNe
Epidemiologist, Xator Corporation (Fort Belvoir, VA).
We have an immediate opportunity for an epidemiologist to provide subject matter expert advice and decision support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) as part of its 24/7/365 Technical Reachback contract. Technical Reachback is an analytical modeling and decision support cell that provides assistance across all levels of government. The team is multidisciplinary and is comprised of subject matter experts in chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosive (CBRNE) analysis and related topics. We provide extensive epidemiological and public health support for customers and are active in providing dynamic population disease modeling for COVID-19, seasonal influenza, and other domestic/international global health concerns.
Clearance Requirement: US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance is preferred.
- Providing subject matter expertise to conduct, implement, and sustain R&D and operational support in epidemiology and/or public health science for Technical Reachback
- Providing a support capability for deliberate, crisis, and immediate planning and operations for the following groups/agencies: Combatant Commands; Office of the Secretary of Defense; Joint Staff; Intelligence Community; command elements; first responders, and federal, state, and local government organizations
- Using applied knowledge to develop, integrate, test, verify, validate, and apply CBRNE software/scenarios based on results of experiments and predicted phenomena based on theoretical and computational methods
- Working closely with other scientists and engineers to define modeling objectives, obtain required model inputs and outputs, and verify/validate results
- Presenting modeling results and decision support aid to both internal and external customers in the form of written reports and oral presentations
- Reviewing technical work of others Read more about this vacancy here.
Senior Toxicologist, TNO (Utrecht, the Netherlands)
The Research group RAPID (Risk Analysis for Products In Development) is looking for a Senior toxicologist to expand its ‘Risk Assessment & Toxicology’ team. As a toxicologist, you will play a key role in the retrieval and interpretation of toxicological data based on in silico methods and are able to translate this data into clear recommendations for our clients. You will work closely with other experts in the team such as exposure scientists and data scientists. The ideal candidate is passionate about toxicology, enjoys working in a multidisciplinary setting, loves data but is also critical towards data and able to quickly extract the relevant details. You are expected to grow into a visible leader in the field of innovative toxicological risk assessment methods and as a resultant capable of acquiring new applied research projects.
Responsibilites - As a Senior Toxicologist your core activities are:
- Participation in writing project proposals, also in a leading role;
- Participation in scientific discussions with (international) experts from various fields;
- Participation in (multidisciplinary) research projects, eventually in a leading role;
- Analyzing and reporting of data sets and literature surveys;
- Development of tools and new methods for hazard prediction and risk assessment;
- Presenting and publishing results in scientific media, but also within TNO.
Read more about this vacancy here.
Operations Support Officer, CBRNE, Valiant Integrated Services (Fort Belvoir, VA)
This full-time Valiant employee will function as an embedded Operations Officer (OPSO) in the Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Counterproliferation Programs in the US DoD Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). The OPSO will communicate needs and requests for information from DTRA to appropriate Valiant leadership. The OPSO will work co-located with the DTRA customer organization with primary tasks including event tracking, meeting organization, data entry and proofing of select DTRA briefing products and submissions.
- Serve as primary liaison between Valiant employer and DTRA ICP customer
- Update and maintain the ICP schedule of events
- Schedule and organize the weekly ICP meeting
- Create Mission Data Reporting System (MDRS) entries for each ICP event
- Create Global Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System (G-TSCMIS) entries as requested
- Create Isolated Personnel Report (ISOPREP) traveler entries as requested
- Update DTRA staff traveler Defense Travel System (DTS) entries as requested
- Retrieve Automated Message Handling System (AMHS) cables sent by US Embassies as requested
- Create and update DTRA ICP regional and country briefings
- Create and update various calendars and SharePoint documents for DTRA ICP as requested
- Possess professional written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadlines
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at a minimum of a Secret level.
Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Operations Doctrine Writer, TechWise Global (United Arab Emirates)
TechWise Global is conducting a Capabilities Enhancement Project for a military client. The job is located in the United Arab Emirates. This project involves multiple aspects, including developing enhanced training capabilities and comprehensive doctrine that are required for full-spectrum/multi-domain operations in a joint, combined, and inter-agency environment. We are seeking highly qualified subject matter experts to join our team. The EOD Doctrine Writer will develop tactical employment doctrine for Explosive Ordnance Disposal Operations formulate and compose supporting individual and collective skills military training manuals for enlisted personnel and junior officers. This expert will also be required to enhance existing doctrine while working closely with the client and team members to ensure correlation across other publications. This expert must be highly proficient in identifying, classifying, neutralizing or destroying complex explosive hazards such as roadside bombs, vehicle born improvised explosive devices, (VBIED), suicide vests, and unexploded ordinance. The individual must be extremely knowledgeable in planning, preparing, executing, and assessing the employment of EOD personnel and equipment against contemporary enemy threats. The ideal candidate should have recent operational experience and possess exceptional listening, writing, and communication skills to collaborate effectively with unit representatives. During this project, the individual will create products that are consistent with the overall program design, delivered on time, and developed within budget. The expert must excel while working both in a team environment and functioning semi-independently. Specific qualifications and related information are described below.
- Work as part of a multi-faceted, doctrine development team that is creating operations and training publications for the UAE Armed Forces. Collaborate with teammates and key client personnel to develop small-unit EOD training and employment doctrine that is client specific, based on time-proven principles, and focused on the contemporary operational environment.
- Research U.S. military doctrine to identify supporting concepts that align with and support client requirements.
- Assess existing client training and employment doctrine, including joint and service-specific publications.
- Synthesize applicable doctrine to develop narrative that is concise, relevant, and readily understandable by client personnel.
- Integrate proposed small-unit doctrine with existing client doctrine to ensure consistency of themes, operational terms, integrated concepts, and standardized formats.
- Work closely with Arabic language translators to convert English language narrative into well-written Arabic prose.
- Build trust-based relationships with the client’s Training Directorate, Capabilities Development Directorate, and subordinate units, to recognize and address client requirements.
- Solicit and integrate client recommendations into doctrine products, to increase client acceptance and foster shared understanding of underlying concepts.
- In conjunction with the Doctrine Team Lead, develop and update an execution plan that describes tasks, schedules, performance standards, and deliverable products for the client organization.
- Train selected client personnel on doctrine concepts, development methods, and related staff actions in order to enhance the client’s operational capacity and effectiveness.
Read more about this vacany here.