New SPRD SPECTRA
Search Dosimeter-Radiometer MKS-11GN
- Highly-sensitive and compact SPRD
- Complies with the ANSI 42.48, ANSI 42.32, ANSI 42.33
SPECTRA is a highly-sensitive and compact device intended to detect, localize and identify radioactive and nuclear materials by their gamma and neutron radiation as well as the amplitude gamma spectra. SPECTRA identifies radionuclides with indication of the category that they belong to (in compliance with the IAEA requirements). It is used to prevent illicit transfer of these materials across the state borders, as well as at the companies and institutions dealing with gamma and neutron radiation sources.
A brand new search algorithm provides high sensitivity of the device and its instant actuation at the slightest change of gamma or neutron background level. New generation scintillation detectors with the silicon photomultiplier ensure high thermal stability of the device and entirely eliminate the “microphone effect”.
The device offers an outstanding user experience due to its innovative design, compact size, large colour display and a 200 hours continuous operation time.
Purpose of Use
- Identification of the radionuclides type by their amplitude gamma spectra.
- Determination of gamma and neutron radiation intensity.
- Measurement of ambient dose equivalent rate of gamma and X-ray radiation (photon ionizing radiation DER).
- Indication of ambient dose equivalent rate of neutron radiation (neutron ionizing radiation DER).
- Measurement of gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent (DE)
- Saving amplitude gamma spectra and events logs in the nonvolatile memory.
Branches of use
- CUSTOMS AND BORDER SERVICES
- EMERGENCY SERVICES AND CIVIL DEFENSE
- LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES
- SANITARY DOSIMETRY AND ECOLOGY
- RADIOACTIVE WASTE STORAGE SITES
- New generation high sensitivity CsI scintillation detectors of gamma and LiI of neutron radiation with solid state (silicon) photomultiplier.
- Color display with high resolution.
- Storage and transfer of 250 complete gamma radiation spectra.
- Powerful CPU and improved algorithms for spectra processing.
- New software for detailed laboratory research and spectra processing.
- Integrated GPS/GLONASS-receiver.
- No “microphone effect”.
- High thermal stability.
- Powered by built-in lithium polymer storage batteries that can be charged via USB-cable.
- The dosimeter communicates with a PC via USB-port.
- Real-time identification of spectra.
- Identification of radionuclides with specification of the categories they belong to (in compliance with IAEA requirements):
– medical radionuclides: 18F, 67Ga, 51Cr, 75Se, 89Sr, 99Mo, 99mTc, 103Pd, 111In, 123I, 125I, 131I, 153Sm, 201Tl, 133Хе;
– industrial radionuclides: 57Co, 60Co, 133Ba, 137Cs, 192Ir,152Eu, 22Na, 241Am;
– special nuclear materials: 233U, 235U, 237Np, Pu [Reactor grade plutonium (more than 6% 240Pu)];
– naturally occurring radioactive materials: 40K, 138La, 226Ra, 232Th-decay series, 238U-decay series.
Note. The list of nuclides the device is able to identify may be extended if needed.
- Threshold alarm system with four independent threshold levels:
– search threshold level (threshold level of count rate from the detector photon and neutron ionizing radiation);
– safety threshold level (threshold level of photon ionizing radiation DER);
– accumulated dose threshold level.
- Light color alarm (indication) of threshold levels exceeding (gamma radiation – red color, neutron – blue) and visual alarm on the side of the device.
- Ingress protection rating IP67.
- Sample of Th232 (Thorium) is included into the Delivery kit for detector age compensation