Vacancies in the
World of CBRNe
To advertise vacancies and more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuclear and Chemical Science Division Leader
We have an opening for a Division Leader (DL) to provide leadership, oversight and management of the Nuclear and Chemical Science Division (NACS) staff that support the Laboratory's programs in Global Security, Stockpile Stewardship, the National Ignition Facility, as well as programs funded by the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science and various non-DOE sponsors. You will oversee ~$30M of programs and projects, including sponsored research, institutionally supported activities, and Laboratory Directed Research and Development (LDRD) projects. This position is in the Associate Director’s Office within the Physical and Life Sciences Directorate.
- Provide overall leadership, direction, and scientific and technical oversight to the Nuclear and Chemical Science Division (NACS) to ensure an effective system for recruiting and hiring high quality scientific staff, and training and developing the existing staff.
- Articulate the missions and develop the strategic plan for the Division that defines its core capabilities and future directions.
- Plan and oversee research and development activities in the Division in multiple research areas and ensure the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of underlying core competencies.
- Oversee performance management and evaluation of all Division staff. This includes ongoing training and career development activities, yearly performance appraisals, ranking, and salary management.
- Oversee research commitments, program resources and multiple budgets including DOE, external programs, and internal science funding, ensuring compliance with applicable Laboratory and DOE fiscal policies and practices.
- Develop business plans for program development and identify Divisional staffing needs for current and future Laboratory programs, collaborating with leaders of other LLNL organizations.
- Establish and enhance effective partnerships and relationships with sponsors of NACS programs; foster integration with relevant national and international scientific organizations and their activities, including other DOE Office of Science, DOE laboratories and other US government agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Read more about this vacancy here.
Senior Analytical Chemical Scientist
Alion Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a Senior Analytical Chemical Scientist to provide Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support to a major DoD Agency located in Albuquerque, NM at Kirtland AFB for operational test events. Minimal travel (<10%) to the National Capital Region (NCR) may be required.
- Independently plan weapons effects phenomenology and scaling effects for chemical CWMD testing on mid, large and full-scale test plans and methodologies.
- Review technical activities including data collection, analysis, and provide a report supporting this testing. Assess new analytical instrumentation and technology including standoff detection and point sampling technologies.
- Provide analytical knowledge in collecting, detecting, and identifying chemical components from air and other substrates to assist in collateral effects assessments.
Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Researcher
The Counterproliferation Technology Program Office (CPTPO) in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) provides world-class, forward-looking thought leadership and turn-key, best-of-class technical solutions to the countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) and improvised threat enterprise for U.S. Government and other sponsors.
The role of this position is to provide operational perspective to support the development of prototypes and concepts that deliver tailored solutions to counter chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats. The position may involve use of or development of state-of-the-art modeling and simulation tools to perform critical analysis of system performance.
The job duties for this position include prototype design, requirements development, sensor/platform integration, modeling and simulation, research and evaluation of candidate solutions, and development of concepts of operation/employment. Additionally, the position involves field-based experimental/testing activities.
Defense and Security Events and Consultancy Traineeship - IB Consultancy - Netherlands
The ideal candidate is passionate about organising events, researching defence and security issues, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Researching potential themes and topics for our Non-Conventional Threat (NCT) events in the field of CBRNe, C-IED/EOD through in-depth market research;
- Contacting potential speakers and make arrangements;
- Arranging media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up;
- Writing articles for our CBRNePortal and NCT Magazine
- Supporting our senior consultants with market studies, analyses, etcetera;
- Updating the company’s CRM system.