Vacancies in the
World of CBRNe
Senior Scientist - CBRN
With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy. Within CWMD, the National Biosurveillance Integration Center (NBIC) is responsible for early detection and situational awareness of biological and chemical events anywhere around the world.
- Develop and maintain of the overall program plans, and support project plans utilizing MS Project.
- Assist the Government with the formulation of concepts and development of strategic, tactical, and operational plans for key program activities.
- Maintain and review all program management plans (PMP) monthly for analytical development and operations and analysis projects that support and advance the NBIC mission.
- Assist the program office in, and provide support for, mission risk analysis and assessments, as well as provide recommendations on risk mitigation.
- Provide support to the Government with the development of evaluation criteria and metrics for program evaluations.
- Assist with calculating program performance metrics.
- Support program review activities which include program progress, status, and risk analysis.
- Use Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques to support program assessments, identify quality assurance measures, recommend quality improvement processes, and support quality improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and conduct EVM monthly for analytical development and operations and analysis projects that support and advance the NBIC mission.
- Conduct operational scientific and technical analysis in support of CWMD programs and mission areas.
- Lead the development of a variety of analytic decision support products that meet National decision makers’ and stakeholders’ requirements.
- Perform the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in support of CWMD programs.
- Apply scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations within CWMD programs in support of federal personnel.
Read more about this vacancy here.
CBRNE Analytical and Remediation (CARA) Field Service Representative (FSR)
Veteran Corps, an INTERFUZE company largely staffed by military veterans and their family members, provides equipment, training, and technical support to first responders, law enforcement and military personnel around the globe. The mission of Veteran Corps is absolute dedication to exceeding the needs of our customers through intelligent, proactive customer service and commitment to excellence inall ofour partnerships. We are currently seeking an experienced CBRNE Analytical and Remediation (CARA) Field Service Representatives (FSR) to join our team to support the 20th CBRNE Command in Edgewood, MD.
The CARA FSR will directly support and interface with the CARA unit to provide sustainment, calibration, maintenance, equipment repair and scheduling, inventory, shelf life management, warranty management, equipment service-contract information, preventative maintenance and scheduling, shipping, and management of the asset management system that provides total support visibility. Must perform the following functions in the Global Combat Support System - Army (GCSS-A) and Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support, as needed by CARA: request, receipt, storage, accountability, inventory, issuance, delivery, turn-in, and maintenance for COTS and GOTS equipment as well as manage CARA-specified consumable supplies. The CARA FSR will use GCSS-A to performthe majority ofthe aforementioned functions. The CARA FSR will operate the unit-level GCSS-A for accounting of COTS, CARA-specified consumable supplies, and other Government-owned scientific equipment. Maintenance and calibrationisto be performed by the OEM or other qualified entity as specified by the CARA Unit. The CARA FSR will be responsible for coordinating with the vendor providing the services and arranging for the pickup and delivery of equipment from/to various CARA buildings on APG where equipment is located.
CBRNe Sales Representative
Federal Resources Supply Company is an industry leader providing customized, integrated solutions to first responders and the U.S. military.The CBRNE Sales Rep is responsible for driving the strategic growth objectives for the CBRNe group by building and executing multi-year pipelines in accordance with FR’s business forecasts, strategic plans, and capabilities. This individual will plan and execute business development strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration to drive strategic growth.
The company Ideal Innovations Inc is looking for an EOD technician to work in Atlanta, GA.
The highlights of this job position are:
- Dynamic forensics team with many opportunities CONUS and OCONUS;
- Work with other forensic experts in various fields to support global forensics and biometrics labs both in the US and OCONUS;
- This contract supports the overall Identity Management concept within the military services;
- Obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully-functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Man the Triage discipline with the lab architecture and participate in the execution of all necessary lab functions to eliminate the exposure of explosive materials to other lab personnel except when samples are required for examination within an appropriate discipline.
- Use X-ray devices to confirm the presence of explosives within captured material, specifically recovered Improvised Explosive Device (IED) components and IED related material.
- Analyze the X-ray data to identify initiators, explosives, power sources, firing circuits, components, and booby traps. Additional diagnostic tools shall be used if available to identify explosives.
- Use approved procedures, as define by Indian Head EOD Technology Division (IHEODTD), to perform material inspections and render safe procedures.
- Location dependent, initiate the case and case priority in WEAT along with documenting the construction techniques and practices of any IED. The devices shall be characterized in WEAT to document and compare against other IEDs and IED components from other events or other theaters.
- For any explosive material, ensure all safety protocol for storage and handling are followed. Perform examinations and analysis of all part of IEDs, electronic devices, and post blast materials to characterize the signal and Radio Frequency (RF) properties and theory of function.
Defense and Security Events and Consultancy Traineeship - IB Consultancy - Netherlands
The ideal candidate is passionate about organising events, researching defence and security issues, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Researching potential themes and topics for our Non-Conventional Threat (NCT) events in the field of CBRNe, C-IED/EOD through in-depth market research;
- Contacting potential speakers and make arrangements;
- Arranging media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up;
- Writing articles for our CBRNePortal and NCT Magazine
- Supporting our senior consultants with market studies, analyses, etcetera;
- Updating the company’s CRM system.