Vacancies in the World of CBRNe
CBRN Incident Response Specialist - Leidos
Leidos is seeking a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Subject Matter Expert for the CBRN Incident Response Program. The Senior CBRN Incident Response Specialist will provide on-site support to a customer in the NoVA/Washington D.C. vicinity. The position will be based in Bluemont, VA.
The successful candidate will provide varying degrees of CBRN related training and CBRN related physical assessments to a diverse range of customers. They will also perform logistical, and maintenance functions on Commercial off the Shelf (COT) CBRN Equipment and conduct mission related travel, and serve as the primary instructor/trainer to the client.
- Utilize knowledge in CBRN equipment logistics planning and operations experience for equipment research, requisition, accountability, maintenance, calibration, & sustainment.
- Demonstrate experience in the establishment of positive and productive work relationship with clients based on individual level of expertise, quality of work, personality, and ability to deliver the desired product.
- Instruct various CBRN tasks and procedures effectively to a wide range of audiences and skill sets, while being able to adapt to their expectations.
- Research, write and develop client based procedures related to CBRN defense.
Associate Program Leader for Counterterrorism - Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Associate Program Leader (APL) for the Counterterrorism (CT) Program to manage and execute all-source intelligence analysis of terrorist chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats for the International Assessments (IA) Counterterrorism Program. You will provide analytical and technical leadership for an interdisciplinary team of analysts and subject matter experts focused on assessing real-world factors that may influence terrorist CBRN activities and international efforts to protect against terrorist CBRN-related threats, and you will have management responsibility for all analytic work conducted by the CT Program. This position is funded in part by Global Security; however, most of your assignment will be funded through direct programmatic work.
This position will be filled at either the SEL.4 or SEL.5 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Lead, manage, and coordinate Principal Investigators (PIs) and projects within the CT Program, including funding oversight of a multi-million-dollar program.
- Serve as the point of contact for relevant technical and policy areas associated with the program’s mission areas and sponsors as defined by the IA Program Leader. Represent the program with sponsors and other U.S. Government (USG) organizations, traveling as necessary.
- Lead the program's research agenda, including producing highly advanced, finished intelligence analysis, reports, and briefings. Develop an integrated strategy for the CT Program research areas consistent with overall strategic planning utilizing key knowledge and insights on terrorist CBRN threats, specifically nuclear threats, and the security of nuclear and radiological material.
- Develop and track project execution plans for the program’s assigned research and development projects, including allocation and monitoring of available personnel and budgets.
- Develop new program opportunities, including the definition and development of research proposals in collaboration with potential sponsors and customers.
- Recruit staff in collaboration with counterparts, management, and matrix organizations to support the mission areas while respecting execution requirements and commitments of other projects and programs in IA and Z Program, and assist the IA Program Leader to balance resources with the other program areas.
- Maintain and ensure appropriate quality standards of highly complex projects for all of the program’s research and development activities including reviewing, coordinating, and approving deliverables, publications and presentations.
- Build, maintain, and enhance relationships with sponsors, customers, and stakeholders to ensure exquisite execution of projects and satisfaction of commitments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Manager Marketing, Communication and Events - IB Consultancy
The Manager Marketing, Communication and Events has the overall responsibility for two main areas: Event Management and Marketing and Communication.
As the project manager for our NCT events, your task is to deliver successful NCT events to our customers and partners.
We measure success by customer satisfaction and profitability, and by delivering events that add to our reputation as the best CBRNe conference organizer. You are in charge of Event Management, therefore the overall execution of the events, the events logistics (arranging venues, negotiating with suppliers…) and the clients support in preparation and during an event.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Manager Marketing Communication and Events are the following (the list is not exhaustive):
- Negotiating and closing deals with hotels, booth builders, caterers, printing companies, etc.
- Internal logistical arrangements for the events such as ensuring supplies of our own conference materials, preparing packing lists in preparation of an event, etc.
- Onsite management of registration, logistical arrangements with the venue and suppliers and onsite POC for all participants of an event
- Budgeting and financial reconciliation for each event. Keeping track of invoicing and payments with suppliers
- Office management
- Development and execution of a new Marketing and Communication Strategy
- Management and development of marketing materials
- Managing and developing content for our social media and newsletter
- Managing and developing content for our NCT online Magazine
- After sales support, and sales responsibility for up-selling the events
Defense and Security Events and Consultancy Traineeship (immediately available) - IB Consultancy
The ideal candidate is passionate about organising events, researching defence and security issues, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
IB Consultancy is looking for an ambitious trainee to support our events and consultancy business.
The trainee’s tasks will include:
- Researching potential themes and topics for our Non-Conventional Threat (NCT) events in the field of CBRNe, C-IED/EOD through in-depth market research;
- Contacting potential speakers and make arrangements;
- Arranging media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up;
- Writing articles for our CBRNePortal and NCT Magazine
- Supporting our senior consultants with market studies, analyses, etcetera;
- Updating the company’s CRM system.